Sunday, September 12, 2010

Back to meetup...Morris Art Museum

August 10th- Possibly the best thing I did upon moving to Augusta was joining Mom's Meet-up of Columbia County. It's a group of Mom's that meet up every week to do something with our kids sometimes it's just free play at the church and other times its outings. Aidan loves to go to meet up and often times pretends to drive there in his cozy coupe, when he isn't driving to Dunkin to get "coffee muffin heated please." It has also given me the opportunity to make some friends. We LOVE meet up! After Riley was born we took some time off between visits with friends and me needing to rest. However, Daddy attempted a trip to meet up with Aidan to the Martinez Fire Station (July 28th) but Aidan couldn't get past the fact that Mommy wasn't there. He was really scared of the trucks which he normally loves and just wanted his Mommy. Daddy tried to convince him that if he wore Daddy's sunglasses it would make him brave and he would be ok. It didn't work! I ended up getting a call "he's scared and wants Mommy what should I do" Daddy decided a trip for ice cream would be just the right the choice. Aidan liked the idea but still wanted Mommy so they picked me up and off we went to DQ.

Our official return to meet up was at the Morris Art Museum. I was sure I was going to end up leaving the place screaming, crying and questioning my decision but needed to get Aidan back out there. We had a great experience and I couldn't have asked Aidan to be better behaved! The kids started off looking at some sculptures of animals then getting a mini-lesson (yes former teacher here) on the difference between a sculpture and a painting. Aidan sat for the whole lesson and seemed to enjoy it next up they got to create their own sculpture. Aidan was so focused and really into the whole experience. One thing I have learned over the past month is that Aidan truly enjoys making projects and art. I have always thought he wouldn't sit long enough or get into but I was wrong. I think it maybe more that I'm not into art but this is no reason he can't be. My goal is to work on getting better at this and getting him more involved. I even picked up a flyer at the museum about future classes. After our project and picking up the flyer :-) we went for a brief walk to see some boats and find the train. We ended up having a very enjoyable day and both kids were extremely well behaved. Aidan couldn't wait to get home and show Daddy his project as well as call Grandma and tell her all about it. We had to put it in a special place to keep it safe until Grandma's next visit.

Checking out the fire truck from a distance.
Trying to be brave...I love this picture
Still not working...
Thinking about it...
Ready to get started on his sculpture
working hard look at that focus...

Showing off his good work...

In case you can't tell it's a tunnel with an alligator going through

No comments:

Post a Comment