Sunday, September 26, 2010

Aidan and Riley take on EdVenture

August 20th- It's been a while since we have made a trip up to Columbia but I was finally feeling ready. We had to take some time off because I was having trouble staying awake on the hour long drive and then our precious baby girl arrived. I am glad I decided to make the trip. I knew Aidan would love it but was worried how Riley would fair on the ride. She hasn't been much of a fan of the car but she did very well. I got up and packed lunch for Aidan and I had some breakfast and let him know our plan for the day. He was so excited he started to list off everything that was there it was really cute. After we ate I fed Riley and as soon as she was done and sleeping we got in the car. Both kids were perfect on the ride up and we made it there by 10:30 which isn't bad at all. Aidan rushed to the fire truck but then remembered that he is afraid of them now so he found his way over to the farm. He spent some time playing on the tractor and pretending to be a farmer. He also stopped by the chickens to do some counting. He made his rounds of the whole downstairs and really had a good time. He enjoyed pretending to be a dentist as well as playing a little operation. It's neat to watch how much he has changed while interacting with each exhibit. We got the membership after one visit last year and I'm so happy we did. He really loves this place and it gives him an opportunity to use his imagination, run around, and explore. If you are in the area I would really recommend taking your little ones they will have a blast. Another nice thing about this museum is they have a changing exhibit and this time it was Blue Man Group which was in collaboration with the Boston Children's Museum which is our favorite children's museum. I was worried we were going to miss this exhibit but made it back with a few weeks to spare. It was a cool exhibit but I think Aidan may have gotten more out of it if he was a little older. He still had fun but mostly liked watching the trucks doing construction out the window. After we finished with our time upstairs we made it back downstairs where Aidan remembered that he did in fact like firetrucks and got suited up to play on them before we had to leave. Both kids were great and we can't wait to make our way back there soon!




Riley hung out in the mobey the whole time and couldn't be happier
Doing some counting
This was fixed since our last visit. He liked shooting the water up in the air.
Playing doctor
My least favorite the dentist :-(
Aidan with Eddie the kids can climb inside and learn about the body

A cool tunnel in the Blue Man Group exhibit
Playing a drum and learning about sound waves
Ready to fight a fire
I feel like I have a ton of this same picture but he looks so cute every time!


I had to fix the Mobey so the little lady could go back in...she wasn't happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment