Saturday, August 20, 2011

Almost to the 4 month mark

It's August 20th and we are just about to the 4 month down mark. A ton has happened since I last posted but putting pictures up keeps me away. Today you will only get 1 photo and a lot of my thoughts. My baby girl turned 1 I can't believe how fast she is growing up she really is an amazing little girl full of so much happiness, love and a whole lot of crazy. We spent most of the month of July in Massachusetts and went on many adventures. It is always nice to take the kids to Boston and show them places that I went to as a kid. We spend some time at the beach, in the city, did a little camping and even explored some harbor islands it was a great trip. We saw lots of friends and family and I just tried to keep the stress to a minimum so I didn't call some people I normally would have and just let people come to me if we were available. We do what we need to do to get through each day. That being said we are starting to struggle a bit. I think the kids, more so Aidan are really starting to miss Daddy. I am losing my patience and Sean just wants to come home. We will get through it but right now we are in rut. We had a great time being on vacation in both MA and FL but are ready for some normalcy again. The kids seem happy to be home but may have picked up a few bad habits which I'm trying to break and it's wearing on me. It's great to get away and visit people but it would be nice if someone could visit us! We have a ton going on right now and the house is being neglected it's not too bad but I still haven't unpacked from FL :-) Aidan has lots of new things going on he started soccer last week and I suddenly became the coach. He loves soccer and CONSTANTLY wants to play I have no problems with this. He starts school on Monday and is pretty excited. He will be going 1 day a week and I will get some 1 on 1 time with the little lady. We are excited for the new adventures and ready to get out of our funk. I am looking forward to R&R and hoping that it happens over Aidan's birthday since he told me that Daddy needs to come to his bike party and that Daddy will be there. I told him I wasn't sure what would happen and reminded him that Daddy had to miss Riley's birthday so he might have to miss yours to but we will see. He handled it the best way possible and said "Well Daddy's going to miss all the fun" he looked sad but that was the best way to take it. This post has been all over the map but I am feeling a little better. I can't wait to get out of this rut. Sean/Daddy we miss you and we know you miss us but we will all stay strong and get through this only 243 days until Disney ;-)


Roo on her birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this post. I am a tad bit late on catching up on this but either which way you slice it I read it now and I can only imagine how all of that traveling would land you back home with a lot of settling back into a routine and breaking bad habits and evermore wishing for a visitor or two! I am 100% coming to Georgia in November and plan to stay over with you for a night or 2 and have you come to my Mom and Wayne's house for some good old fashioned spoiling! Love you friend, Pink

    ReplyDelete