I have been completely neglecting my blog and have considered giving up on it but I feel it's never too late to start again. We have been pretty busy enjoying the remainder of the summer, into the fall and finally we are in the new year. Both kids are doing really well. Aidan still loves his little sister and Riley finds him to be quite charming and funny as well. Hopefully things continue to go smoothly. In the months since I have posted not too much has changed but everyone has grown up a bit. Aidan now has a bike it's two wheels and pedal less, possibly the cutiest thing I have ever seen. He LOVES to wear his helmet and often won't take it off after a nice ride. Yes he is the cool kid wearing it around the park or as my brother pointed out "Your kid is wearing a helmet for no helmet related activity" So he's a little weird what are you going to do we still love him to pieces anyway.
Riley loves to talk and play in her jumperoo. She is also completely in love with the cat and dog. When she sees Sully she gets giddy with excitment and has to lay on him and touch him as much as possible. Sully doesn't usually stick around too long but does allow for a little love. Molly is also one of Riley's favorite toys she will just sit on her and rub her ears or head it's quite cute. Our sweet girl can TALK up a storm she gets really loud but it's super cute. She is also sitting on her own now, rolling everywhere, and kind of crawling but only backwards and for her brother's toys of course.
Sean is still plugging away at the office and seems to enjoy his job. It has been quiet in the office the last few weeks with the holidays so it has been nice to just spend some time together. He is gearing up for another trip overseas in late April/early May for another year. This time he will be in both Iraq and Afghanistan. We are trying to get prepared for this without dwelling on it too much but are definately sensing the upcoming event. Hopefully the 12 months will fly by and we will get through it with flying colors.
I have been keeping myself busy with the kids and constatly finding ways for us to stay busy. I even started a new hobby...wait for it wait for it SEWING! I know I'm shocked as well but I think I may enjoy it the jury is still out on that one. It does however give me an opportunity to hang out with friends and enjoy some adult time even if we are busy. Nothing like fufilling the stay at home mom sterotype a bit. I have also been trying to get myself back in shape and with no real soccer prospects that will work for us out here I have been hitting the gym and running 5Ks. I did my first 5K in November and pushed Roo (Riley) in the stroller she did well for her first 5K and I was impressed/happy with my time. I finished in just a little over 31 mins. I signed up for another 5K on Dec. 11 and didn't do as well but I am gearing up for my next event in January where I WILL improve my time and be much more focused. Ok enough rambling from me I will post lots of pics to try and catch folks up!
No comments:
Post a Comment